I'm a founder and full-stack developer experienced in building software for startups.
My technical interests include creating product features, developing APIs, and designing backend architectures. I value craftsmanship, elegance, and code quality. I enjoy building things to simplify people's lives. My favorite language is Python 3.
I enjoy traveling and am a little too obsessive about my coffee. So far I've been to 9 countries across 4 continents, and one of my life goals is to fill a passport.
My favorite Silicon Valley character is Gilfoyle.
Edmiston Software LLC
I created a small company to do contracted software development and technology work for startups and entrepreneursOpen
Writing & Talks
A few posts published before I started the blog are included below for reference.
- Sandpaper UX - 2 Years Reflections on running a tiny software photo blog
- Snapshot: A Simple Django App I gave a talk at Revolution UC introducing Django. From the Instagram API, we built a feed to flip through new photos from people you follow.
- PyCon 2015: Are we still changing the world? My thoughts around language traction and the future of Python. It hit the front page of Hacker News and drew 4k uniques.
I've made small corrections to docs and/or sample code in leading repos, for example, the official Instagram client for Python, the most popular Twitter client for Python, Heroku's Flask config integration, and a one-liner in Django.
I value open source and the opportunities it creates for startups today. I'd like to contribute more in the future.
What I'm reading lately.
- Risk/Reward A book about embracing risk and how it applies to your career.
- Algorithms to Live By Applying algorithmic thinking to real life problems. Recommended via YC's Summer Reading List.
- Milk Bar Life A lowbrow spinoff cookbook from the creator of Momofuku Milk Bar. The Washington Post liked it.
What I'm listening to lately.
Click to open in Spotify.