Entrepreneur + full-stack software engineer experienced in early-stage startupsmore ⇲
Photographer · Pythonista · Minimalist
My technical interests include creating product features and APIs as well as designing backend architecture.
I'm interested in projects that improve the accessibility of knowledge, and industries like adventure / travel, photography, and music.⇱ less
- Published PyCon 2015: Are we still changing the world? My thoughts around language traction and the future of Python. It front paged Hacker News drawing 4k uniques to our blog.
- Published LISNR and SXSW 2015 in 5 Questions My first Medium post details the history of Lisnr and SXSW. In the first week it received 250+ views and 70+ full reads.
- Won 1st Place, AngelHack Cincinnati 2014 In 24 hours, created an app to purchase nearby pizza without waiting. Co-founded with Jim Chen and David Felix. more →
I especially enjoy Python talks, demo days, and hackathons.
- Brandery Demo Day 2015 Cincinnati • Attendee Oct. 2015
- PyOhio 2015 Columbus • Attendee Aug. 2015
- AngelHack Cincinnati 2015 Cincinnati • Organizer Jul. 2015
- PyCon 2015 Montreal • Attendee Apr. 2015
- HackOTR Cincinnati • Mentor Mar. 2015
- R/GA Demo Day 2015 NYC • Invited attendee Feb. 2015
- Code Genius #1 NYC • Invited attendee Jan. 2015
- RevolutionUC Cincinnati • Mentor Nov. 2014
Writing & Talks
Please see Accomplishments above as well.
- Sandpaper.io - 2 Years Reflections on running a tiny software photo blog
- CareerDean answers Sometimes I help software engineers with early career advice
- Snapshot - a simple Django app I gave a talk at Revolution UC introducing Django. From the Instagram API, we built a feed to flip through new photos from people you follow.
I've also made tiny contributions (mostly fixing examples and correcting docs) to popular repos like Twitter's Python client, Instagram's Python client, and Heroku's Flask config integration. In the future I would like to become a more substantial open source contributor.